The Ely Place Chambers Practice Groups run monthly seminars for solicitors and other interested groups. The majority of these seminars are now provided at the offices of those interested or at convenient regional locations. If there are any topics on which you would wish to receive an update please contact the clerks or any member of chambers.
See below for a list of upcoming events.
How to win friends and influence . . . . . . . judges
Wednesday 24th May 2017, 17.45 - 18.45 followed by refreshments
Experience shows that case management at Preliminary Hearings is often something of an afterthought, yet it offers a prime opportunity to reduce the time spent on the case moving forward with increases in the fee earner’s efficiency in the progression of the case to, and at, final hearing.
This seminar will:
1) look at the importance for the client, the representative and the tribunal of good case management;
2) consider the economies that brings in terms of workload and cost;
3) investigate common areas representatives miss at PH’s;
4) assess ENE and the impact it has on pleadings and PH’s;
5) provide practical advice for efficiently preparing and presenting the PH. Michael Salter, who will deliver the seminar, is a Fee-Paid Employment Judge and listed as a leading junior in employment law by both Chambers and Partners and the Legal 500.Organised by: EPC Employment Group
Cost: There is no charge for this seminar.
Location: Seminar Suite, Ely Place Chambers, 13 Ely Place, London EC1N 6RY